Telefonica offers Cisco collaboration cloud services portfolioEnterprise
- Hosted across Telefonica and Cisco data centers, solutions will help businesses become more mobile and agile, and extend their global reach
Madrid (Spain), February 15th, 2016. – Telefonica Business Solutions, a leading provider of a wide range of integrated communication solutions for the enterprise market, has become one of the first service providers to offer the Cisco® portfolio of collaboration cloud services as a fully integrated service.
Telefonica’s new offer brings together best-in-class and market-leading business collaboration applications such as Cisco Unified Communications, virtual contact center, Cisco TelePresence®, Cisco WebEx® and Collaboration Meeting Rooms, all delivered “as a service” to end-users over mobile and fixed connections.
Telefonica customers can take advantage of all the features and functionality of Cisco collaboration solutions as if they were installed on-premises, without incurring major capital expenditures and platform updating costs, using a flexible consumption model.
- Global scale reach. Telefonica offers its own branded collaboration services based on Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (Cisco Unified Communications, customer collaboration and telepresence as a service) and connects it to Cisco conferencing services from the Cisco Collaboration Cloud (WebEx, Collaboration Meeting Rooms, and WebEx Cloud Connected Audio). Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) is deployed in Telefonica’s data centers across the globe and is interconnected to Cisco's data centers hosting Cisco conferencing services (two in the United States and two in Europe).
- Better productivity and agility. By using a simple subscription model, customers can improve both productivity and agility accessing the latest collaboration tools on demand, aligning with fast-moving business needs, and scaling with ease, with no capital investments.
- Anywhere, any device collaboration. Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) provides integration into Telefonica’s mobile networks, as well as highly secure remote access over the public Internet, to truly enable anywhere, any device collaboration. End users enjoy personalized collaboration tools in accordance with their profile, at any time and place and using any device.
- Simple-to-join meetings for everyone. Bring employees, customers, and partners together to collaborate from anywhere with integrated voice, video, and content sharing on any device. Cisco conferencing supports highly secure collaboration across devices, from mobile devices to desk phones to immersive telepresence systems in both scheduled and impromptu meetings.
- End-to-end management and security. Telefonica offers complete support and end-to-end management through a single provider and resilient data centers with the highest levels of quality, security and regulatory compliance.
Hugo de los Santos, Communication Services Director at Telefonica Business Solutions: “As a global company with a robust network spanning Europe, the Americas and Asia, we're committed to give our customers more choice, flexibility and innovation. This new and holistic platform offers our customers and its final users flexible, economic, agile, efficient and highly secure Cloud Collaboration business services, enabling a new way of working and the best user experience regardless of location or device based on Cisco’s and Telefonica’s global reach and trusted services and solutions”.
Scot Gardner, Vice president, Global Service Provider segment, Cisco EMEAR: “Telefonica and Cisco have worked together over many years to address the most critical collaboration needs of businesses around the world. Customers want collaboration tools to increase their productivity, but they also require them to be highly secure, cost effective and easy to deploy and easy to use. Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution and Cisco conferencing solutions have been developed with services providers like Telefonica in mind so that their end-customers can enjoy industry-leading, highly secure collaboration applications delivered as a service anywhere in the world over the service providers’ cloud infrastructure.”
For full details and contact information, please download press release as a PDF.