The Corporate VSAT service is a broadband solution that provides connectivity to IP networks via satellite and complements the connectivity options in places where other broadband technologies do not reach or as a fully diversified backup.
- Data rates from 512 Kbps/128 Kbps to 22 Mbps/6 Mbps (download / upload).
- Internet access.
- VPN access allows the customer to add remote sites to their corporate VPN network.
- Optional WAN acceleration solutions in order to improve some applications such as SAP, Citrix, etc.
- Backup. Offers the possibility of a fully diversified backup for the customer’s land-based network accesses.
- Premium Backup (includes WAN acceleration).
- White label wholesaler. Provides the network services and sale of terminals which allows the operator to customise the end user’s service.
- Installation time which depends on the country in which the service is contracted.
- Onsite fault resolution time.
- Maintenance with guaranteed response times.
- Availability SLA.
Given that satellite-based communications have a special propagation delay characteristic, some applications are best suited to the use of satellites:
- Applications for Internet Access and all contents and applications that do not interact in real-time.
- WEB interface-based applications.
- SMTP/POP3 e-mail and Notes.
- File transfer and FTP.
It provides an optimal access solution for the MPLS VPN service at sites where other access solutions are non-existent, very expensive and have low availability, or where a fully diversified backup is necessary.