Satellite Access (VSAT)_
Our Corporate VSAT service is a broadband IP connectivity solution that provides connectivity to IP networks via satellite and complements the connectivity options in places where other broadband technologies don’t reach. Furthermore, it is a fully diversified service to guarantee 100% backup using an alternative network.
The Corporate VSAT service allows customers to directly connect to the Internet or to their own Virtual Private Network (VPN) over the terrestrial network infrastructure of our MPLS network, anytime and anywhere, either as a principal or fully diversified backup for remote sites that require these services. From a technical point of view, this service is based on a shared media access platform (Hub) that serves the complete set of terminals, regardless of the type of connectivity.
The concentration of terminals and the efficiency of sharing the physical media are the key to being able to deliver a competitively priced satellite access service.
This service, especially the VPN access, includes the optimisation of customer applications to ensure maximum efficiency and performance of the satellite service and to reduce costs.
The benefits provided by the Corporate VSAT service are the following:
- Provides a solution to the terrestrial infrastructure deficit.
- Backup solution through a fully diversified alternative network.
- Independent of the geographical location: Identical service, SLA and price everywhere.
- Broadcasting capacity: Flat rate, fast content distribution and bandwidth savings.
- Flexible service: Tailored solutions and optimisation of the configuration. it also allows the contracted volume to be adapted to suit varying needs, by optimising costs with a shorter time to market.
- Provides an “all inclusive” solution.
- It allows operators, ISPs and content providers to build their own Internet Access service to meet their specific needs.
- The service is deployed more quickly allowing a rapid response to customer needs.
- 24-hour support through the specialist Satellite NOC with highly qualified staff. This support model provides high quality, integrated service management. They also have mechanisms in place to proactively identify any problems within the system, fix them and inform the customer about them.
- The customer also has the option to contract onsite maintenance with guaranteed response times.
- Aimed at the business and corporate market, this service allows operators to meet the needs of customers from all segments:
The Corporate VSAT service is a broadband solution that provides connectivity to IP networks via satellite and complements the connectivity options in places where other broadband technologies do not reach or as a fully diversified backup.
- Data rates from 512 Kbps/128 Kbps to 22 Mbps/6 Mbps (download / upload).
- Internet access.
- VPN access allows the customer to add remote sites to their corporate VPN network.
- Optional WAN acceleration solutions in order to improve some applications such as SAP, Citrix, etc.
- Backup. Offers the possibility of a fully diversified backup for the customer’s land-based network accesses.
- Premium Backup (includes WAN acceleration).
- White label wholesaler. Provides the network services and sale of terminals which allows the operator to customise the end user’s service.
- Installation time which depends on the country in which the service is contracted.
- Onsite fault resolution time.
- Maintenance with guaranteed response times.
- Availability SLA.
Given that satellite-based communications have a special propagation delay characteristic, some applications are best suited to the use of satellites:
- Applications for Internet Access and all contents and applications that do not interact in real-time.
- WEB interface-based applications.
- SMTP/POP3 e-mail and Notes.
- File transfer and FTP.
It provides an optimal access solution for the MPLS VPN service at sites where other access solutions are non-existent, very expensive and have low availability, or where a fully diversified backup is necessary.
In addition, the service can be adapted to fulfil the needs of the audiovisual market. Thanks to multiple optimisation techniques, the service can be used to transmit videos in areas where the usual standards for transmission are not available.
The service is available globally.
In Spain, parts of Europe and Brazil, the infrastructure belongs to Telefonica.
In the rest of the world, we offer the service through agreements with third parties.