Satellite Access (VSAT)_
Our VSAT service is a broadband IP connectivity solution that provides connectivity to IP networks via satellite and complements the connectivity options in places where other broadband technologies don’t reach. Furthermore, it is a fully diversified service to guarantee 100% backup using an alternative network.
From a technical point of view, this service is based on a shared media access platform (Hub) that serves the complete set of terminals, regardless of the type of connectivity.
The concentration of terminals and the efficiency of sharing the physical media are the key to being able to deliver a competitively priced satellite access service.
This service includes the optimisation of customer applications to ensure maximum efficiency and performance of the satellite service and to reduce costs.
The benefits provided by the VSAT service are the following:
- Provides a solution to the terrestrial infrastructure deficit.
- Backup solution through a fully diversified alternative network.
- Independent of the geographical location: Identical service, SLA and price everywhere.
- Broadcasting capacity: Flat rate, fast content distribution and bandwidth savings.
- Flexible service: Tailored solutions and optimisation of the configuration. it also allows the contracted volume to be adapted to suit varying needs, by optimising costs with a shorter time to market.
- It allows operators, ISPs and content providers to build their own Internet Access service to meet their specific needs.
- Very short deployment time which allows the customer to solve heir communication needs quickly.
- 24-hour support through the specialist Satellite NOC with highly qualified staff. This support model provides high quality, integrated service management. They also have mechanisms in place to proactively identify any problems within the system, fix them and inform the customer about them.
- The customer also has the option to contract onsite maintenance with guaranteed response times.
Aimed at the business and corporate market, this service makes it possible to satisfy the communication needs of customers from all segments:
The VSAT service is a broadband solution that provides connectivity to IP networks via satellite and complements the connectivity options in places where other broadband technologies do not reach or as a fully diversified backup.
The Standard Satellite Kit that supports speeds of up to 3Mbps/1Mbps (DW / UP) consists of the following:
- 1.2m Antenna
- BUC 3W
- X1 Modem
For greater bandwidths than those mentioned, more robust equipment is required which can be configured according to the customer's needs.
- Data rates from 512 Kbps/128 Kbps to 22 Mbps/6 Mbps (download / upload).
- VPN access. It allows the customer to add remote sites to their corporate VPN network.
- Optional WAN acceleration solutions in order to improve some applications such as SAP, Citrix, etc.
- Backup. Offers the possibility of a fully diversified backup for the customer’s land-based network accesses.
- Premium Backup (includes WAN acceleration).
- White label wholesaler. Provides the network services and sale of terminals which allows the operator to customise the end user’s service.
- Installation time 5 working days per service, assuming equipment is available.
- Onsite fault resolution time.
- Maintenance with guaranteed response times.
- Availability SLA.
Given that satellite-based communications have a special propagation delay characteristic, some applications are best suited to the use of satellites:
- Applications for Internet Access (not included in our service) and all contents and applications that do not interact in real-time.
- WEB interface-based applications.
- SMTP/POP3 e-mail and Notes.
- File transfer and FTP.
It provides an optimal access solution for connectivity service at sites where other access solutions are non-existent, very expensive and have low availability, or where a fully diversified backup is necessary.
The service is available in Mexico.