Our Maritime MoviSat Service enables customers to have a broadband data connection specifically for the maritime mobile environment, where other communication technologies cannot reach, anytime and anywhere.
Besides Internet access, virtual private network (VPN) access is also possible over the terrestrial network infrastructure of our MPLS network.
The service can be offered based on two technologies: Inmarsat FBB (BGAN Maritime) and VSAT, which have different frequency bands (L, KA, KU ...) From a technical point of view, this service is based on a shared media access platform (Hub) that serves the whole set of terminals, regardless of the type of connectivity.
The concentration of terminals and the efficiency of sharing the physical media are the key to being able to deliver a competitively priced satellite access service.
The Maritime Service provides the following benefits:
- Availability with worldwide coverage inside the maritime mobile environment.
- Broadband: more applications which lead to increased productivity.
- Security: compliant with coding standards.
- Robust: terminals are designed to function outdoors.
- Easy to use: plug & play.
- Portability and flexibility: small and lightweight FBB terminals that have several data interfaces (Ethernet, Bluetooth and USB) and voice interfaces (RJ45/RJ11 and Bluetooth).
- Broadcasting capacity: Flat rate, fast content distribution and bandwidth savings.
- Scalable solution.
- Competitive price: terminals and tariffs.
- Geographical flat rate: prices are not determined by location.
- 24-hour support through the specialist Satellite NOC with highly qualified staff.
- The customer also has the option to contract onsite maintenance with guaranteed response times.
- Immediate response to catastrophes or emergency situations.
- Remote control and telemetry: levels of deposits, opening and closing of floodgates, remote surveillance, etc.
- Crew safety especially on long distance routes.
BGAN Maritime Service Features:
- IP background: Internet and VPN access up to 432 Kbps.
- IP streaming: two-way channels assigned on demand at a guaranteed speed up to 256 Kbps.
- ISDN and Fax: a 64 Kbps or 56 Kbps B channel.
- Voice mailbox, call forwarding and call restriction.
- SMS: with any mobile operator worldwide.
- Voice: simultaneously with the IP background.
- 3.1 KHz cannel for group 3 fax machines, modems or encryption equipment
VSAT Maritime Service Features:
- Data rates from 32 Kbps/32 Kbps up to 2 Mbps/2 Mbps (download / upload).
- Two different modes of service:
- Basic: shared bandwidth.
- Premium: guaranteed bandwidth.
- Internet or VPN access allowing the customer to add remote sites to his corporative VPN network.
- Optional WAN acceleration solutions in order to improve some applications such as SAP, Citrix, etc.
Coverage of BGAN Maritime
This service is available globally. Worldwide coverage is achieved via three satellites strategically located in the geostationary orbit.
Coverage of VSAT Maritime
The geographic availability of the service is almost global and can be customised according to the requirements of the customer’s vessels.