Telefonica International Wholesale Services provides world-class international wholesale services to fixed and mobile operators, service providers and wholesale carriers and new types of clients like OTT-Media companies. With a particularly strong presence in Latin America and Europe, we provide our customers with high quality connectivity, digital platforms and a wide range of innovative solutions.
Our portfolio includes new digital platforms and solutions for enterprises, such as Security, Cloud, IoT and Big Data, as well as more established carrier services including Voice, Network Services, Mobile and Satellite. We also offer a range of Professional Services to our customers.
We have an extensive, high-capacity IP network offering the lowest latency routes to reach Europe and Latin America.
Telefonica’s international network is supported over infrastructure owned by Telxius, a Telefonica Group company. Telxius manages and operates a 65,000 km network of high capacity submarine ﬁbre optic cables and a Tier-1 IP network.
We take our responsibility to drive innovation and protect the future of the telecommunications sector very seriously, and consequently R&D programs focused on modernising our international network and increasing its flexibility are a cornerstone of our overall strategy. Telefonica is also leading the way in the evolution of SDN/NFV technology. We are an active and collaborative player in SDN and NFV deployment, as well as a member of the Industry Specification Group for NFV (ETSI NFV ISG) and have already taken several actions across this space.
Our Telco4Telco programme was developed in order to extend the value of digital services and promote collaboration among operators, replicating what we already do with our own operating businesses. Our services range from exchanging best practices or providing consultancy services, to providing the technology that underpins new services, or acting as change agents to align competitors’ interests to create a seamless market.
- High-capacity international IP network (Peering policy)
- Over 115 international points of presence in 69 cities in more than 40 countries
- More than 1,000 MPLS PoPs
- Over 24 billion international voice minutes handled every year
- 300 direct access routes to over 1200 international voice destinations
- Over 1 billion SMS carried each year
- More than 17,000 satellite stations and 8 satellite teleports
- 24 Telefonica Data Centres
- Network Operations Centres (24x7x365) in Europe and Americas, with a cutting-edge Global Network Operation Centre in Madrid
- Award-winning suite of enriched IPX services, including Value Added Services.
- Comprehensive set of innovative digital platforms including IoT, Security, Cloud and Big Data
- Advanced SDN/NFV technology, with Network Functions Hubs deployed in Europe and the USA
- Reliable set of Security services and dedicated Cyber Security unit, ElevenPaths. We use these same services to secure own internal systems and network.
- CSIRT (Computer Security Incidence Response Team) which is a member of FIRST in the US and Terena/Géant in Europe.
- Global SOCs in Madrid, Miami and Sao Paulo
- Telco4Telco programme to promote peer-to-peer collaboration and drive new revenue opportunities in digital services
- High quality and security standards
Telefonica implements good practices and continual operational improvements, based upon international standards concerning information security, protection of personal data, management of financial data, and the quality and preservation of an end-to-end secure communication environment.
The wholesale unit of Telefonica Business Solutions has an internal security team, CSIRT (Computer Security Incidence Response Team), which is dedicated to ensuring the security of Telefonica's international network and services, providing an appropriate response to any security issue, abuse or fraud.
The CSIRT is a member of FIRST in the US and Terena/Géant in Europe.
- Coordinate efforts and activities in responding to security incidents in IT and telecommunications, making networks and services offered through the company a priority for all its customers, both internal (the Telefonica Group) and external.
- Manage risks and crucial performance by being proactive and leading educational programs.
- Establish and maintain IP reputation within Telefonica Group companies [Audit].
- Be an agency for institutional dialogue within the company.
- Provide centralised coordination for issues related to IT and communications networks security and service delivery within the Group's organization and companies.
- Respond to incidents related to IT and communications networks through a centralized and specialized method.
- Have the technical expertise necessary for supporting and assisting companies that need to recover quickly from a security incident.
- Address legal issues and preserve evidence in case of litigation.
- Be a leader in international security forums.
We have PGP keys to be able to sign and encrypt corporate email for the following mailboxes:
PGP ID : 0x34BE431C PGP FingerPrint : 32CD 1D58 955E 5613 BE89 9ª36 0959 11EE 34BE 431C PGP Public Key
PGP ID : 0xEC813282 PGP FingerPrint : 401B B6EB 8717 955A 3477 B171 5E6E 9E30 EC81 3282 PGP Public Key